Sunday, May 11, 2008  

Happy Mother's Day!

(c) Magnum Photos
From Slate.com today

Happy Mother's Day! A mother is a precious thing, even when you're relatively grown up- they will always be there to tell you what you need (but don't always want to!) hear.

This is an iffy age, at best. Parents are being beset by a world run by the stable boys of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. It is an act of faith to have a child, a belief that small miracles can and do happen.

So, to all those great moms that I know: Aunt Marion, my cousins Monica and Andrea, my sister-in-laws Debbie, Annette, Naima, Fatiha, friends Dominique, Eloissa, Teresa, Djamila, Bernadette, Linda F., Linda M. , and especially
My Mom,
who,
even though I STILL haven't turned out the way they expected,
talks to me anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Locations of visitors to this page
Technorati Profile