Well, USA, it's that time of year again, you turn one year older, blow out your candles and make a couple of wishes. I have a few suggestions for the old wish list:
- May Dick Cheney do the job he was elected to do or get impeached.
- Hold fair and honest trials and then close Gitmo- and not by sending people to Jordan where they would probably be tortured and killed inside of five years-
- Stop using mercenaries. Remember the Hessians? Remember a little thing called the American Revolutionary War? Thought so.
- Agree to read (as in actually think about it) the Constitution. Don't count on Dick Cheney to do it for you. He obviously doesn't understand it.
- Call a spade a spade- we invaded Iraq, we screwed up and now we are occupying it. We are NOT liberators, we are incompetent colonizers.
- Restore Habeus Corpus and Posse Comitatus-
- Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans? I do and thousands of people from the Ninth Ward and other sections do, too. Demand that restoring
- Let's not kid ourselves, II- the US DOES SO torture. And, it teaches others to enjoy it, too. Ain't the US you think the flag stands for? Then stand up and SAY SOMETHING!
- You know, Bob Marley was right- stand up , get up for your rights and think about this- if you ain't free, then I ain't free, as the saying goes. Civil Rights are right for everyone. Don't let the present "government" fool you. Your privacy, my right to speak out, my brown brother's right to freedom of assembly, my black brother's right to be safe in his own house, my Asian brother's right to fair wages, my Native American brother's rights to safety and sovereignty are guaranteed by the Constitution and by every treaty this country has signed. Look out for your brothers because one day they may need to look out for you.
- And that, my friends, is the US of A.