going to bed, getting up, going about your day.
This from Elandil at blog against torture
It's chillingly charming. Go ahead, take it. Make this a mindful day and please pass it on with the appropriate source recognition.
A poll for philosophers and torture apologists
tick ... tick ... tick
There's a bomb somewhere in New York, and it's about to go off. Unfortunately, you don't know where it is.
Given no other choice, how many saved lives would it take before you would consider the following actions justified?
* Torturing someone.
* Torturing someone who might not be guilty.
* Torturing their wife and child.
* Torturing their wife and child in front of them while we forced them to watch.
* Raping and torturing their wife and child in front of them while we forced them to watch.
* Torturing their wife and child as above, to death.